- Assistant Professor
PhD (University of Cambridge, 1992), FRHistS
Office: HUC B134
Office Hours: by appointment
Professor Acres' current research is focused on "Breaking Trust and the New England Company at the Grand River Mission, 1827-1934" and "John Strype, New Histories and Old Religion, 1680-1737."
- "The Burghley Letters" Cambridge for the Royal Historical Society, 2017
- "Exploring Religion" Oxford, 2014
- Reviews: "Masques and interpretations" Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Drama.
- "Burghley", Review for Seventeenth Century Conference Papers: Pacific Coast Conference in British Studies, 2001, Stanford.
- "The Idea of Britain" " Frontiers of 'British' political culture, 1590-1603" American Historical Association, submitted, for San Francisco, January 2002.