Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Thank you for your interest in History at Western. We are excited for the chance to meet you and to give you a glimpse into what studying, or doing, History at university is like!
Registration is now closed. If you are interested in attending please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a variety of sessions throughout the day the day including lectures, mini-tutorials, interactive sessions, an escape room, and even a scavenger hunt.
Escape Room @ Western: Historical Problem-Solving
Mini-Lectures led by History Department Professors
- Cutting and Bleeding: A History of Medicine with Objects
- Food for Thought: Where do the Foods We Eat Come From?
- Hands on History: Odd Objects from the Past
- "It's the End of the World as We Know It": Histories of the Apocalypse
- Killing Fields: Genocide in Modern History
- Nazi Paparazzi: Reinterpreting Historical Photos
- Netflix and Chill: Exploring the History of Sex
- The Battle of Blubber Bay: Chinese-Canadians and the Fight for Equal Pay
- The New Old: How History Has Been Reinvented This Century
- "Shiver Me Timbers!": Pirates & Piracy in the Public Imagination
- "There is No Future": Punk Rock and Why it Matters
Mini-Tutorials led by History Department Graduate Students
- The American Presidency
- Crime and Punishment
- The First World War
- History of Food
- Maps in History
- Nazi Germany
- The Occult
- Political Assassinations
- The Vietnam War
Panel for Teachers: How to Prepare Your Students for First Year - A roundtable discussion with History Faculty
Students will attend 4 sessions throughout the day. We ask that you complete our online questionnaire, and select your top 5 sessions.
After the deadline, we will go through your preferences in order of submission and send you an e-mail to notify you about the sessions for which you were successfully able to register.
The deadline to complete the questionnaire is Monday, May 7, 2018.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
For a map, please click the thumbnail below: